Life Coaching Certification: Become a certified professional life coach
Do you want to help people change their lives? Are you seeking to guide, inspire, and empower others to reach their potential and get real results? Have you ever thought about becoming a life coach?
Register now for a free informational webinar on April 30 from 12-1pm (CST)
The University of Wisconsin-Madison’s interactive and engaging Professional Life Coaching Certificate (PLCC) program is your gateway to this rapidly growing profession. The PLCC is an Accredited Coach Training Program (ACTP) through the International Coach Federation (ICF), the accrediting body for coaching. ACTP accredited programs are all inclusive training programs, which offer start to finish coach training. Through a 9-month series of face-to-face classes and teleconferences, you become adept at helping others see new perspectives, get unstuck, and find the courage to take bold actions—all while enhancing your own self-awareness and working toward professional credentialing as a life coach.
PLCC at a glance
When: Sept 2015-May 2016.
Visit the curriculum page to see specific dates and times»
Where: Blended format. 5 face-to-face sessions in Madison, WI and 11 teleconferences from your location
Who should attend: People who want to help themselves and others achieve their goals and find their balance
Questions? Contact Aphra Mednick, 608-265-8041
Why the UW-Madison Professional Life Coaching Certificate program?
UW-Madison is the only Accredited Coach Training Program (ACTP) at an academic institution in the Midwest.
Professional life coaching is an art and a science. This rich training program combines many disciplines: emotional intelligence, positive psychology, ontological coaching, use of self, evidence-based coaching, neuroscience of coaching, systems theory, relationship intelligence, organization development, and appreciative inquiry. Train with professional coaches and work with your own clients as you learn.
Begin by developing self-presence as you explore and deepen your awareness, creating a strong foundation for coaching. Next comes skill development, where you gain the knowledge, abilities, and techniques to coach with confidence. From here you practice co-creating a dynamic coaching relationship with your clients so they can find true fulfillment in their lives.
While a student in PLCC, you will:
- Receive regular supervision from International Coach Federation (ICF)-accredited coaches provided by PLCC
- Work with your own clients for at least 6 months under the supervision of ICF-accredited coaches
- Hire and work with your own accredited life coach, so you can experience the powerful impact of coaching through the personal lens of being a client
- Build relationships and work with peers in a learning community cohort model
Is the UW-Madison Professional Life Coaching Certificate program for me? Yes!
If you are:
- Seeking to become a professional life coach
- A practicing coach who wants to take your skills and certification to a higher level
- An accomplished professional preparing for a second career that requires advanced skills and experience
- A manager, internal trainer, or organizational development professional seeking to enhance your inherent coaching skills
- A human resources and performance management professional who wants to grow your portfolio of skills
- Looking to guide, inspire, and empower others to help them reach their potential and get real results!
Life coaching addresses the whole person: mind, emotions, body, and spirit. With this in mind, to succeed in the PLCC you must be open to feedback and be willing to engage in reflection and self-examination.
Your lead instructor
Darcy Luoma (Master of Science in Organization Development, Graziadio School of Business & Management at Pepperdine University) is an organization development specialist and leadership coach and the owner of Darcy Luoma Coaching & Consulting, LLC. She has been transforming lives and organizations as a coach and consultant for more than 15 years. Ms. Luoma is a dynamic facilitator and engaging public speaker whose optimistic attitude and intuitive style have helped hundreds of clients achieve remarkable results, including greater work/life balance, a clearer vision, and enhanced leadership skills.
Having recently been voted Madison, Wisconsin’s Favorite Life Coach by readers of Isthmus newspaper and being featured in Brava Magazine, Ms. Luoma holds many valued coaching credentials: Board Certified Coach (BCC), Organization and Relationship Systems Certified Coach (ORSCC), Certified Professional Co-Active Coach (CPCC), Master Certified Coach (MCC), board member of the International Coach Federation, and member of the Institute of Coaching Professional Association. darcyluoma.com»